Bethany Joy Lenz Biography

Bethany Joy Lenz Biography


Date of Birth
2 April 1981, Hollywood, Florida, USA

Birth Name
Bethany Joy Lenz

Nickname
Joypiter
Joy

Height
5' 4" (1.63 m)

Bethany Joy Lenz Biography


Bethany Joy Lenz was born in Hollywood Florida, and currently resides in North Carolina where her current project - the WB hit "One Tree Hill" (2003) - is filmed. Lenz plays "Haley James Scott", wife to James Lafferty's "Nathan", and childhood mate of Chad Michael Murray's "Lucas".

Prior to "One Tree Hill" (2003), Bethany spent most of her acting career on the stage. She has referred to as Musical theater her passion, and has performed in varied productions of "Annie", "The Wizard of Oz", "Gypsy", "Cinderella", etc...

After moving from Texas to the big apple, Bethany portrayed "Michelle Bauer Santos" on CBS's "Guiding Light" (1952). When her 2 year contract ended there, she left the big apple and moved to la and guest starred on shows like "Charmed" (1998), "Felicity" (1998) and "The Guardian" (2001). She conjointly appeared in la stage productions of "The Outsiders" - directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman, and "Happy Days" (as Pinky Tuscadero) - directed by Garry Marshall.

She is additionally an accomplished singer trained in the big apple by Richard Barrett, the director of the Brooklyn faculty of Opera, and in la by renowned voice teacher Eric Vetro (Jennifer Garner, John Stamos, Ewan McGregor).

Spouse
Michael Galeotti     (31 December 2005 - present) (filed for divorce) 1 child

Trivia


She encompasses a springer spaniel named Scout, and 2 cats named Noah and Allie, the lead characters within the film The Notebook (2004), and therefore the book by Nicholas Sparks, on that the film is predicated.

Released the restricted CD "Preincarnate" that includes eight original tracks (2002)

The unusual spelling of her name was adopted in her early teens.

Her hobbies are Photography, painting, writing, horseback riding, knitting, and creating stationery.

Is also a gifted musician and singer with a four-octave vary.

Goes by her middle name "Joy."

Impressed producers such a lot throughout her 3 week stint as "Teenage Reva Clone" on "Guiding Light" (1952), she was re-hired later that year within the contract role of "Michelle Bauer" on the daytime serial.

Her favorite musicians are: Sheryl Crow, U2, Coldplay, "and something that is not a sellout".

Her favorite TV shows are: "Joan of Arcadia" (2003), "Alias" (2001), "I Love Lucy" (1951), "Lost" (2004), "Arrested Development" (2003) and "Friends" (1994).

Her prized possession is Journals.

November 2005: Announced she is going to be marrying Michael Galeotti by the top of the year. she is going to be taking his surname and using "Bethany Joy Lenz" professionally, that ought to be mirrored within the "One Tree Hill" (2003) gap credits by the new year.

Since leaving "Guiding Light" (1952) in 2000, she has kept to bear with co-stars Tammy Blanchard (Drew) and Paul Anthony Stewart (Danny).

Performed with Tyler Hilton, 'Gavin Degraw' and therefore the Wreckers (Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp) on the "One Tree Hill Tour".

Played, on guitar, and sang the National Anthem within the "One Tree Hill" (2003) solid Super Bowl in early 2004.

Changed her last name from Lenz to Galeotti when she got married. it's mirrored on the credits of "One Tree Hill" (2003).

Starred/worked with Richard Lee Jackson in Bring It on once more (2004) (V) and is currently married to Richard Lee Jackson's band mate Michael Galeotti from their band Enation.

Owns a family restaurant referred to as "Galeotti's" in Battle Ground, Washington.

Expecting her first baby [August 17, 2010].

She became the mother of a baby girl, Maria Galeotti, in late February 2011. Father is her husband of 5 years, Michael Galeotti.

Works heavily with Love146, an organization working to end child sex slavery and exploitation. In May 2011, she started a Tread on Trafficking campaign to raise money for the organization.

Started an online boutique called "Lark" to raise money for charity. Every design featured on the website is an original by Joy.

She and long-time friend, Amber Sweeney, formed a band called Everly. Their music has been featured on the show "One Tree Hill".

Writes a blog.

Writing a musical stage version of Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook with good friend and Grammy nominated producer, Ron Aniello.

Writing a 1920s era rotating internet novel called "Diamond Gothic" with actress Abigail Spencer and comedian JC Coccoli.

Close friends with "One Tree Hill" (2003) costars Sophia Bush, Shantel VanSanten and Chad Michael Murray.

"One Tree Hill" (2003) costar Shantel VanSanten was in the delivery room when she gave birth to her daughter, Maria.

Personal Quotes


I never rule something out, I simply follow where i am lead.

I don't party. i am a complete homebody. i favor hanging out with my cat and i have truly been known to remain home and knit.

Joining "One Tree Hill" (2003) has been: "Like summer camp, solely it's very cold in Wilmington, North Carolina! I've never lived in an exceedingly little city, however I invariably pictured myself in an exceedingly little house, drinking lemonade on my porch swing. currently I even have the porch!".

Favorite holiday: Christmas. "It can invariably be most wanted on my list. you are feeling cozy for like 2 months straight. You sing songs, all the stories look precisely the same. there is no different vacation where everyone decorates. there is a joy and a spirit of pleasure that is within the air around Christmastime. it is the best."

If I ever got married and my husband needed me to offer all this up and follow him wherever he needed me to travel i'd. i really like acting as a result of it's fun to play and that i love music however i'll be writing music for the remainder of my life, forever. i might be simply as happy doing community-theater as i'm doing a TV show. does not abundant matter to me.

I am not a individuals person. it is not that i'm keep, however i'm more leisurely in an environment of one-on-one. I hate crowds and parties.

That's the exciting factor. I still do not know what i am getting to be. i really like acting. i'd like to be an English teacher. i'd like to be a housewife and have a chateau within the South of France, i'd like to be a singer that travels to cafes around totally different cities. i'm loving to measure out my life without delay and see where it goes, it's exciting.

I guess I've form of invariably needed to be an actress, except after I was 5, which, I did need to be the Queen of England.

Musical theater is oh, my dream. My passion. Music is in my veins. simply having the ability to combine that keenness with my different passion, for acting, would be unbelievable. I even have to brush up on my dancing, however i might positively like to hit Broadway.

Music's one thing i will be doing for the remainder of my life, whether or not i am simply enjoying guitar in my lounge or whether or not i am enjoying for three,000 people.

I am an actor. God forbid I say this, however i'd be doing it for complimentary as a result of i really like it. If I could, i might try this daily of my life.

I am a down-home lady. i really like home and a German shepherd and an previous red pickup truck from the '50s. i'd love an previous house in Alabama with children running within the yard.

Lies regarding your physical look in Hollywood creep in sort of a nasty serpent in your bed. It's awful. "Who's got the most effective outfit?", "Who's makeup artist is terrible?", etc... I've very been learning that I even have to decide on to believe that it's not my garments or my hair or my createup that's getting to make me shine. it is a battle I fight everyday with myself.

"I'm functioning on a demo and putting down tracks on, actually. I write all my very own music. It's like Sheryl Crow's and Joni Mitchell's stuff. i am totally staying far from the Britney Spears factor - i do not need to be marketed and packaged".

I'm a ladyie girl. I similar to being female.

I think I began to see that acting was a very nice catharsis on behalf of me. I've invariably been very inventive and creative, however i feel acting was one thing that I may pour my inventive energy into, and it took all of me. to the current day, i have never found that feeling anywhere else.

I have no want to be a star.

I don't believe the human heart was created to be place through the abuse of the dating world.

I was in all probability singing before I may speak, Musical theater is my passion. If I may afford it, i'd simply do dinner theater and live a straightforward life.

My personal vogue is simply very easy, non fashion involved. I even have lots of jeans and tee shirts.

So much of my heart is in my music. If you pay shut attention to the lyrics, you'll be able to get a far higher perception of who i'm when my guard is down.

I can't cook or do crafts. And place a soccer ball or a soccer in my hand, and that i would not apprehend what to try to to with it, however if you offer me an inventive outlet, usually, i might be ready to figure one thing out.

I eat peanut butter, Swiss cheese and lettuce sandwiches. Really, they are terribly good!

My dream automotive may be a red '57 Chevrolet pickup. therefore i might take a road trip in that for daily, play classic rock music the total time and then stop at a diner in the dead of night for a few apple pie.

I had lots of inventive energy after I was young. i used to be not the most effective student as a result of i used to be invariably difficult what the lecturers were saying, instead of simply accepting it.

I love being home on rainy days! I typically write and sneak in an i really like Lucy rerun!

I love singing. older stage... it's like reaching in to all-time low of my soul and bringing it right up. I love it.

I'm not a morning person. however i am not very abundant of an evening person, either. i am simply quite there.

On her character Haley: "The fascinating factor regarding Haley is that she feels very awful, however at constant time she does not walk around groveling. that will be pathetic. She needs to be forgiven, however she is willing to earn that. I hope the Nathan and Haley fans droop in there as a result of i feel they'll be terribly glad with the result."

I wrote my 1st song after I was perhaps like four years previous. i used to be invariably wandering round the house creating things up. Back then, I learned lots regarding singing from being attentive to Mariah Carey. i'd sing to her [albums] and check out and obtain all her riffs and stuff. i'd be in my space for hours till I may get it right, it helps being an solely kid as a result of I did not have the rest to do!

I've learned such a lot, particularly with Chad. he's specific with camera and lighting and technical stuff. He has learned lots that and he is specific to figure with and therefore I even have learned such a lot technically. it has been wonderful.

Music are a few things that's in you. you'll be able to bit individuals along with your music although you are operating employment at starbucks or operating a desk job.

Where Are They Now

(January 2005) Although she is working on her show "One Tree Hill" (2003) in North Carolina, she currently has an apartment in Burbank, California and is buying a house in Washington.

(March 2005) She is currently on tour with Tyler Hilton, The Wreckers ('Michele Branch (I)' and Jessica Harp) and 'Gavin Degraw' - the "One Tree Hill" concert tour.

(May 2005) Recording an album to be released early 2006

(June 2005) Filming season 3 of "One Tree Hill" (2003) in Wilmington, North Carolina.

(November 2005) Announced engagement to Enation band member Michael Galeotti.

(August 2007) In Wilmington, North Carolina filming as "Haley Scott" for Season 5 of "One Tree Hill" (2003).

(September 2006) In North Carolina filming season 4 of "One Tree Hill" (2003).

(July 2007) In Wilmington filming Season 5 of "One Tree Hill" (2003).

(June 2009) Working at "Galeotti's", her family restaurant in Battle Ground, WA with Husband, Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...